Ethyl 3-Ethoxypropionate EEP Functional Solvents High Resistivity
EEP (Ethyl 3-Ethoxypropionate) is a high-performance ether ester solvent, which has good solubility for a wide range of coating polymers. It has moderate odor, low surface tension and high resistivity. EEP is an effective solvent for preparing high-quality baking paint and air-drying paint, which has the following excellent properties:
• Slow volatilization can prevent the whitening of cellulose coating, improve the leveling and projection gloss of coating film, and obtain high-quality coating film.
• As a linear ether ester solvent, it has good solubility in nitrocellulose, cellulose acetate, epoxy resin, acrylic resin, melamine formaldehyde resin, oil-free polyester resin and polyurethane resin. In addition, due to its solubility and low viscosity, the viscosity of the obtained resin solution is also low.
• Low surface tension and fast solvent release can improve the anti-shrinkage, leveling, recoating and wettability of the coating film to the substrate, and improve the adhesion; As the solvent is released quickly, the drying performance of the coating film in the "dry" stage can be improved and the solvent residue can be reduced.
• The high resistance can make up for the defect that the resistance of high solid coating can not reach the best resistance range required by spraying because of the low resistance of polar solvent in the formula, and it is convenient to adjust the resistance value.
Colorless, transparent liquid
Flash point ℃
• Strong solubility
• High resistance, high boiling point, low surface tension
• Slow evaporation rate, excellent solvent release from coating film