PDM, Polyoxymethylene Dimethyl Ethers(Dioxydimethyl Ether Acetate), is used as coating solvent and diesel fuel additive as well. It has greater solubility than arenes, and owns amphipathic property. Thus it can easily dissolve other solvents and resins, highly reducing the unpleasant odor.
PDM is suitable for PU, PE polyester, polyester polyol, thermoplastic acrylic acid, thermosetting acrylic acid and other systems.
Because the product itself is neutral, it does not contain ammonia and free acid and other components, the water content is extremely low ≤0.05. So it also suitable for special thermal curing+UV curing system, for single UV curing, and the system will have certain oxygen inhibition characteristics.
Colorless, transparent liquid
Flash point ℃
Evaporation rate (n-butyl acetate =1)
• Normal evaporation rate with high stability in film coalescing, high gloss and smooth.
• Greater solubility than PMA & CAC, and owns amphipathic feature.
• Lower odor than PMA, CAC, cyclohexanone.
• Great levelling performance, better than PMA & CAC.
• High cetane ratio.When used as diesel fuel additives, it improves the combustion efficiency and reduces the emissions.
• PDM could be widely used in wood coatings, coil coating, baked coating, and can highly reduce the leaving odor.
• PDM can increase the solubility of 120# & 200# Solvent Oil , or replace them. Also it can substitute for S-100# aromatic solvent naphtha due to better solubility and economic reason.
• PDM can substitute for PMA, DBE and CAC etc.
• PDM can also be widely used in rubber and tyre industry.
• Widely applied in a variety of fields, such as coating, painting, ink, architecture, textile, resins etc.