Film Coalescing weak polar oxygen containing solvent
PDM weak polar oxygen containing solvent
PDM paint thinners
Polyoxymethylene Dimethyl Ethers PDM High Stability in Film Coalescing
PDM, Polyoxymethylene Dimethyl Ethers(Dioxydimethyl Ether Acetate), is used as coating solvent and diesel fuel additive as well. It has greater solubility than arenes, and owns amphipathic property. Thus it can easily dissolve other solvents and resins, highly reducing the unpleasant odor.
The average cetane number is 76 and the quality of blended diesel with PDM (blending ratio between diesel and PDM is 85 to 15) is better than ultra-low-sulfur diesel. By comparison, the combustion efficiency can be improved for the blended diesel, the emissions of PM2.5 and CO can be reduced largely, and off-gas pollution can be cut by more than 50%.
Colorless, transparent liquid
Flash point ℃
Evaporation rate (n-butyl acetate =1)
• Normal evaporation rate with high stability in film coalescing, high gloss and smooth.
• Greater solubility than PMA & CAC, and owns amphipathic feature.
• Lower odor than PMA, CAC, cyclohexanone.
• Great levelling performance, better than PMA & CAC.
• High cetane ratio.When used as diesel fuel additives, it improves the combustion efficiency and reduces the emissions.
• PDM could be widely used in wood coatings, coil coating, baked coating, and can highly reduce the leaving odor.
• PDM can increase the solubility of 120# & 200# Solvent Oil , or replace them. Also it can substitute for S-100# aromatic solvent naphtha due to better solubility and economic reason.
• PDM can substitute for PMA, DBE and CAC etc.
• PDM can also be widely used in rubber and tyre industry.
• Widely applied in a variety of fields, such as coating, painting, ink, architecture, textile, resins etc.